FAQ about Matching Gifts
1. What is a matching gift
A matching gift is a gift from a donor’s employer that matches the donor’s original gift. Most employers match dollar for dollar.
2. How do I know if my employer has a matching gifts program?
Search for your employer below or ask your human resources staff or visit your company’s intranet.
3. Where do I get a matching gift form?
Forms are available only from your employer. If it’s not clear whom to ask at your company, talk to your human resources staff. Some companies have an online matching gifts program so you don’t ever have to fill out a physical form.
4. What do I do with the form when I’ve filled it out?
Refer to the instructions on the matching gift form, but usually the next step is to mail or fax it to the chapter (please include the participant’s name):
Bike MS: Pedal los Pueblos 2013
National MS Society
P.O. Box 4125
Houston, TX 77210
5. If I enter the donor’s gift and the matching gift through my participant center, do I enter them as one gift (lump sum)?
No, they are two separate gifts. Please enter only the employee’s gift and mail/ electronically submit the matching gift form. The National MS Society will enter the match.
6. How will I know when the matching gift has been paid?
Check the “My Progress” section of your participant center. Gifts labeled Unconfirmed have not been received by the chapter yet. It usually takes months to receive payment for matching gifts. Even though they are not yet paid, you will receive credit for matching gifts for prize purposes.
Have another question? Email Maggie.Schold@nmss.org or call us at Office: (505) 243-2792 ext. 33301.